35 St Saviourgate is located at the Eastern end of St Saviourgate, a residential area within the city walls in one of the oldest surviving residential parts of the City of York.
The house is very close to York Minster (5 Mins) and the most popular tourist destinations of York.
St Saviourgate town houses were built between the 1720s and 1760s and is also the location of the original Lady Hewley’s hospital dated 1700 the Alms Houses as they were later known display a stone dedicated to Lady Hewley. Many of the properties are listed or are managed by the York Conservation Trust.
The Shambles (5 Mins) is to the Western End of St Saviourgate and is accessed via the smallest gate in the city Whip-ma-wop-ma-gate.
35 St Saviourgate is within the City Walls and accessed via Stonebow from Fossgate and Peasholme Green.
The City Walls can be walked via a staircase at the walls end in Peasholme Green