This access statement does not contain personal opinions as to our suitability for those with access needs, but aims to accurately describe the facilities and services that we offer all our guests/visitors.
Access Statement for Santiago House
IntroductionSantiago House is in a fantastic location. A gated property overlooking Hope Square in Brewers Quay. The harbour is only a couple of minutes away and if you cross the bridge, you are straight into the Town Centre which leads onto the golden beaches of Weymouth.
Santiago House sleeps 8 people and had 4 bedrooms. The bedrooms are on the 1st and 2nd floors and the Master Bedroom has an en-suite.
We look forward to welcoming you. If you have any queries or require any assistance please phone 07778881227 or email email@example.com.
• For full details of how to reach us, please see the directions section of our website. Alternatively, you can play your journey by car or public transport, using www.transportdirect.info; simply enter your postcode and ours, which is DT4 8XE to get directions.
• The nearest railway station is Weymouth and taxis are available at the station.
Key Collection, Welcome and Car Parking
• The key is placed in the Key Safe and the code will be given to you prior to your arrival.
• Parking is available for 2 cars in allocated parking spaces.
• The parking area has a gravel surface.
Entrance to Property
• There are 12 steep metal and wooden steps leading up to the balcony which has a gated door at the top of the stairs with a width of 1010mm.
• The front door is 900mm wide and has a step 150mm high.
• The entrance is well lit.
• The floor covering inside the entrance is wood.
Halls, Stairs, Landings, Passageways
• The hall stairs and landings are well lit, using a combination of ceiling lights and wall lights.
• The hallway is 1500mm wide.
• The flooring throughout the building is wooden floorboards.
• The staircase to the first floor has 13 steps. There is a dogleg handrail to the left hand side on ascending the stairs and 2 stairs to the landing.
• The staircase from 1st floor to the 2nd floor has 15 steps in total.
• The Sitting Room/Lounge is situated on the ground floor with level entry from the hallway.
• The door opening to the lounge is 750mm wide.
• The room has a mixture of seating with 3 sofas and a chair together with a low coffee table.
• The flooring throughout the building is wooden floorboards.
• there is a widescreen digital TV with remote control, subtitles and a Blu Ray/DVD player
• Lighting is natural daylight or overhead lighting as well as table/floor lamps.
• Direct access into the kitchen/dining area via wide entrance.
• The dining room is situated on the ground floor with level entry from both the hallway and kitchen.
• The door opening to the dining room from the hallway is 750mm wide.
• The kitchen leads directly into the dining area and is not limited by a door width.
• The dining table has a central pedestal. It is xxx from floor to the top of the table.
• There are 10 chairs in total (all moveable).• Lighting is natural daylight from a window and wall lights.
• The kitchen is situated on the ground floor with step free, level access from the lounge and dining area.
• There is direct access into the kitchen/dining area via wide entrance of 1700mm.
• The dining area leads directly into the kitchen area and is not limited by a door width.• The door of the oven drops down and the handle is 700mm above the floor.
• The worktop and sink are 900mm above the floor.
• The fridge-freezer is integrated, the highest shelf in the fridge is 900mm and the lowest drawer in the freezer is 1500 above floor level.
• Glasses and crockery can be moved from wall cupboards to lower cupboards, if required. Please request this when booking.
• Santiago House has an integral washer dryer and a dishwasher located in the kitchen.
• Cordless kettle provided along with cutlery and utensils.
• The kitchen is evenly lit with spotlights and natural lighting from a skylight.
• The flooring is wooden floorboards.
Bedrooms and Sleeping Areas
• MASTER BEDROOM – Door entrance width 700mm. Well lit room with 2 windows giving natural daylight and 2 ceiling lights and 3 bedside lamps. Built in wardrobe, bedside chests (height 60cm), 2 x chest of drawers (height 81cm). Super King Faux Leather bed frame and mattress, (height 600mm). Single bed with pull out guest bed (height 600mm). 1 x chest of faux leather drawers (height 520mm).
• TWIN BEDROOM – Door entrance width 700mm. Sloped ceiling. 2 x single beds (height 700mm) with 2 x bedside units (height 600mm). 1 x gloss white wardrobe fitted to the wall. 1 x chest of drawers (height 800mm). Natural daylight from window, ceiling light and bedside lamps.
• KING DOUBLE – Door entrance width 700mm. Sloped ceiling. King size metal frame and mattress (height 700mm). Bedside units (height 650mm). Free standing tall mirror, chest of drawers (height 1000mm) and combi-wardrobe (height 1300mm). Natural daylight from window, ceiling light and bedside lamps.
• SINGLE – Door entrance width 700mm. Sloped ceiling. Single faux leather bed frame and mattress. Bedside unit (height 650mm) Wardrobe (height 1300mm). Natural daylight from window, ceiling light and bedside lamps.
Bathrooms, Shower-rooms and Toilets
• The ground floor has a toilet and washbasin adjacent to the front door. The door opening width is 650mm. The flooring is wooden floorboards. The height of the toilet is 420mm and the height of the washbasin is 800mm.
• The first floor has a family bathroom with a shower and bath. The door opening width is 650mm, the flooring is tiled ceramic flooring, not slip-free. The lighting is via natural daylight from window and **spotlights ***. The bath is 540mm in height from ground to the top of the bath and the basin is 830mm in height from the ground to the top of the basin. the toilet is 430mm high. The width opening to the shower is 600mm.
• The master bedroom has an en-suite shower room. The door opening width is 650mm, the flooring is tiled ceramic flooring, not slip-free. The lighting is via natural daylight from window and ** spotlights **. The height of the toilet is 430mm, the height of the basin from the ground to the top of the basin is 600mm. The width opening to the shower is 830mm.
• Santiago House is a Grade II listed building and in keeping with its age, the flooring is not perfectly level. The internal door widths are on the narrow side and the steps leading to the entrance are steep.
• The balcony glass is toughened glass and has been replaced in 2012 to enhance safety.
Full care and attention has been taken when taking the measurements for Santiago House. The measurements are an indication of the size and are approximate only. We do not accept any liability if the measurements cited in the Access Statement are not accurate.